Neopets Geos is similar to a game you may have grown up punching your little brother over: Battleship. Neopets Geos is one of the few multiplayer games on Neopets.com. Now, instead of punching Billy in the arm, you can send 27 piles of dung to that Neopets user who creamed you harder than Grandma’s thanksgiving potatoes. The goal of the game is to build four shapes on the board before you opponent can. You have the option of playing for fun, or participating in the monthly tournament. The Geos tournament is the only way for you to potentially win 10,000 neopoints and a shining golden trophy (there’s also a silver and bronze option if you have low standards) to decorate your userlookup.
To start playing Geos, you need to either go through the games room or go to Sakhmet. Finding Sakhmet is pretty easy. Just go The Lost Desert and head towards the big city that isn’t in ruins (looking at you, Qasala). Hard to miss. Once you’re there, there’s a lot of little shops, so it might be hard to see. Luckily for you, I’ve marked it on a map so it’s easy to see.
And there you have it! Once you walk into the Geos stall, you are taken to the Multiplayer Game Lobby. From here, you can choose one of the following options:
- Show Hosts. This will take you to a screen that shows games being hosted by other Neopians,
- Host Your Own. If you’re feeling like taking initiative, host your own game! This option lets you create your own game for others to join.
- Invite a Neofriend. Play 1 on 1 with your closest pal!
Now, that’s all just casual play. If you wanna get really serious—winning a trophy and all that—then you can partake in the Monthly Multiplayer Competitions. It’s a bit of a mouthful, I know. But believe me. It’s worth it.
- Find Out More. This will take you to a page that explains all of the prizes, and allows you to sign up for the next competition (Usually this will be on the first of every month). In addition, there’s also a link to the multiplayer games rules, and an FAQ. To enter into the competition, you must choose a game (which in this case would be Geos) and a time to play in NST.
- High Scores. Fairly straight forward. Clicking this allows you to see the top scores for all Multiplayer games.
One of the most important things to understand about Neopets Geos is that there are four shapes that you can place on your board. Remember that you can only place one game piece at a time. Therefore, it’s best to finish one shape before moving onto another.
As you can see above, your shapes can be positioned any way that you’d like. Pretty simple!
Playing the Game
Much like Battleship, you can start your turn by choosing to place a game piece or “bomb” your opponent. Since the goal of the game is to build all of your shapes before your opponent, the best strategy is to prioritize shape building over bombing. Your opponents game pieces are hidden, so don’t expect bombing to be easy.
Placing your pieces is pretty simple. Click on a spot on the grid, and a piece will show up. However, as the game progresses this gets more difficult. When you complete a shape, it will appear faded, as seen in the picture to the left. The same thing will happen for your opponent. If you try to place a piece where your opponent has a completed shape, you will be forced to miss a turn. Thus, it is a good idea to place your pieces in a way that you can easily switch positions or start a new shape. This is also a good tactic if you happen to get bombed.
Bombing successfully (hitting your opponent’s piece) will have one of two results:
1. You will miss your turn. This happens if you happen to hit a piece that is from a complete “set.” In this guide, we have referred to complete sets as complete shapes.
2. You will destroy your opponent’s piece. This can happen only with incomplete pieces. Doing this will allow you to find another place to put yours, or you can place it into the spot that you bombed.
Bombing can be a great strategy in specific situations. If you want to place a piece in a spot that your opponent has occupied, bombing might be a good idea. However, it’s best to only do this if you have no where else to put your piece. Another situation in which bombing is beneficial is if you are falling behind. Keep bombing until you find a spot that your opponent is building on, and then proceed to destroy the whole shape (cue evil laugh). Remember that bombing will not win you the game. It is only something to help you get ahead. Always prioritize making your shapes. Bombing relies more on luck than strategy, so it can be very risky, and often without reward.
Neopets Geos Cheats
Once you win the game, all pieces will be displayed. Thanks to this guide, you can beat up your brother without any nagging feeling about how you lost that Geos game against him last week.
“That’s right, Billy! Put your dukes up! I read a guide on Neopets-Cheats.com that taught me how to beat you EVERY time!”
“But I bombed you!”
“Yeah, well, you should always prioritize shape building! Noob!”