Neopets Aboard the Coincidence is a daily available game where a scientist will need your help for the Portal Activation event. Neopets Aboard the Coincidence is where you will have to purchase items that the scientist will ask you for.
When you decide to play, the scientist will ask you for a total of three items. These items will change depending on the inflation. You can always find them priced cheap enough on the Shop Wizard. If you do not want to purchase them, alternatively, you can get them from dailies, from the Key Quest game, from the Battledome or from random events.
You can always cancel a quest if you find that it is overpriced or just too expensive in the shop wizard. To do that, simply press the “No Thanks!” button then proceed to click on the “Yes, I will try again later”. After that, you will have to wait until the next day, more precisely, until midnight NST to be able to start another quest. If, however, you receive the “quest” before the Neopian day, you will be able to decline a quest two times during that specific day.
When you successfully bring the items to the scientist, he will give you the chance to use his Random Event machine that will generate, obviously, random events. They are not the same as the Random Events that happen randomly, though. These are different ones.
Here you will get to know the random events you should be waiting for. A short description of their effect will also be described.
- You are pretty sure nothing happened. Actually, wait, it looks like there is something new floating above your head. Wowee, it’s a (Name of the Avatar) avatar! Why not admire it for a moment at your Neoboards – Preferences page? This first event will give you a random avatar that is not already in your collection, however, but since it has caused many rage TNT has decided to remove it for now.
- An electric current seems to fill the room. When everything has settled, you see that there is something different about (Your active Neopet). It looks like their (Stat name) have gone up by (#)
A strong electric current fills the room, crackling with powerful energy. When everything has settled, you see that there is something quite different about (Your Active Neopet). It looks like their (Stat Name) have gone up by #! Wow! This random event will give you a total of 10 point boost to your active Neopets, meaning HP, Intelligence, Level, Strength, Defence or Agility.
- An electric current starts to fill the room, but quickly leads to smoke. When everything has settled, you see that there is something different about (Your Active Neopet). Oh, no… It looks like their (Stat Name) has gone down by #! You will lose 3 points on your active Neopet. The points can be taken from its HP, Intelligence, Level, Strength, Defence or Agility.
- You wait for something to happen. Before long you hear a strange fluttering sound. Lottery tickets fall down from the sky! You manage to snatch up five before the rest vanish into nothingness. You will receive a total of five lottery tickets.
- A sudden flash of light temporarily blinds you. Once your vision clears, you realize that your (One of your Items Name) is now just dust in the wind! You kick yourself for bringing that onto a spaceship to begin with !One of your items will be removed from your inventory. If the machine removes one of your three quest items, you will be able to use the machine again as it will not count as if you’ve already used it for that specific day.
The ray fizzles for a moment before you hear a strange pop. Your pockets feel lighter. Well, looks like you lost # NP! A maximum number of 800 Neopets will be taken from your on-hand NP. The number is random.
- Neopoints are falling from the sky! You flail around wildly in an attempt to catch them all. It looks like you were able to haul in X NP! Hooray! A maximum number of 25,000 NP will be awarded to you. The number is random.
- Nothing seems to happen. Oh wait, check the floor! You might want to catch that (Item Name) before it crawls away. This random event will give you one item. The possible list of prizes is mostly based on petpetpets. It has been reported that 2 non-petpetpets items were also rewarded from that event. Prizes in alphabetical order:Aboogala
Aisha Cinnamon Roll
Darigan Grarrl Morphing Potion
- First you see a bright flash of light. Then you see metal pieces being pulled in as if by a magnet. Slowly the pieces assemble themselves into a (Item Name). Technology is neat! This random event will give you a robot petpet, which are shown below:Avabot
- An invisible hand throws what looks like a weapon at you. You duck quickly to avoid it. Oh actually, it looks like it was just a (Item Name)! You pick it up. This event will give you a random TCG card from the list below:A Tale of Woe (TCG)
Attack of the Slorgs (TCG)
Biting Book (TCG)
Blue Lenny (TCG)
Blue Negg (TCG)
Blue Paint Brush (TCG)
Brown Aisha (TCG)
Bruce Skater (TCG)
Buzz Bully (TCG)
Clasp of Darkness (TCG)
Eyrie Breastplate (TCG)
Faerie Koi (TCG)
Flotsam Hunter (TCG)
Grarrl Brute (TCG)
Jetsam Shark (TCG)
Kacheek Shepherd (TCG)
Kyrii Explorer (TCG)
Malkus Vile (TCG)
Mashed Eye Potato (TCG)
Orange Draik (TCG)
Red Kyrii (TCG)
Red Poogle (TCG)
Ring of the Deep (TCG)
Ring of the Summoner (TCG)
Sludging Ray (TCG)
Slumberberry Potion (TCG)
Tchea Fruit (TCG)
The Dreamer (TCG)
The Golden Shoyru (TCG)
Thin Ice (TCG)
Tors Gamble (TCG)
Virtublaster 3000 (TCG)
Wocky Crusader (TCG)
Wooden Blocking Shield (TCG)
Yellow Grass Skirt (TCG)
There is also a list of random events that will not do anything to you, which means they are useless. You can refer to this list if you’re not sure about the event you just got.
- A Grundo appears and invites you to join Dr Sloth’s Invasion Army… but he cancels the invitation when you spell your name. Your reputation precedes you.
- A blue Shoyru zooms up and whizzes past your head. Then she stops in midair and looks confused. ‘This isn’t Meridell! Where are we?’
- The temperature drops suddenly. Maybe the Snowager sneezed, or life support briefly malfunctioned.
- A fog cloud swirls past you. Was that Corbin and Kell inside? They appear to be having a tea party with a monster.
- You hear the Turmaculus roaring over the ship’s comm system. Scintilly trembles in fear.
- A crew of Alien Aishas docks with the ship, comes aboard, snaps photos of everything they see, then leaves for their next tourist stop.
- Something floats past the windows. Running to look outside, you see a small, pretty amulet in the blackness of space.
- You find yourself holding something invisible and unpleasantly damp. You let go, and it hits the floor with a squelch. You are never able to locate it again.
- A parade of dozens of Lutaris marches through the spaceship. They get to the end of their song, then look around, confused. ‘Eh, how do we get to Shenkuu?’ one asks you.
- A portal opens, and through the multi-coloured swirls, you can see a plain wooden box. Before you can grab it, the portal closes.
- Plans for The Coincidence, dated to the early days of Moltara, float past your eyes before Dr Landelbrot hastily grabs them and tucks them in a desk drawer.
- Out the window, you see a giant Whalein floating in space. It blows bubbles at you.
- A portal appears in midair, and you see Hanso and Brynn arguing. Behind them, an artefact glows brightly and then explodes, raining hot dogs everywhere.
- The Ghost Lupe appears, looks around, and growls, ‘This is not Mystery Island!
- Nothing happens. Nothing at all. You think. You check the bottom of your shoes for squashed butterflies, but find nothing.
Every time you will complete a quest, you will be only able to take another one the day after, which means after midnight NST.