Mysterious Morphing Experiments are NC items that morph into other NC items…what?! That’s right! These mysterious items grant buyers multiple items for a great price, but under some spooky conditions.
WHAT ARE THEY EXACTLY?
To put it simply: MMEs are limited-time items that you purchase in the NC Mall (for real money) that morph into different items over the course of a few days, and the result is a set of items that you get to keep. There are MMEs and Mini-MMEs, and the latter has fewer stages of transformation and is therefore cheaper.
Actually, it’s more complicated than that, but you get the jist of the jist, right? Let’s go into more detail.
FINDING AND PURCHASING MMEs & MiniMMEs
MMEs are not always available. They are limited-time items that appear in the NC Mall for about a week:
Apart from the fact they have the MME acronym at the beginning of the item name (ex. MME2: Mystical Rain Shower), they can also be identified by the question mark at the bottom right-hand corner of the image, as seen in the examples above.
- MMEs: 600 – 800 NC
- MiniMMEs: 300 – 350 NC
THE MORPHING BEGINS
While MMEs are still available in the NC Mall, they will not morph. This gives everyone equal playing field as to the randomness of the morphs they do receive.
This is where things start to get complicated. Heh.
After the MME retires from the NC Mall, the items will begin morphing. All MMEs that you have purchased from the same sale morph at the same time, and the items morph no matter where they are in your game: in your inventory, in your gallery, in your Safety Deposit Box, in your closet, or even on your pet! These periods of morphing are called stages. The first time your item morphs, it moves from stage 1 to stage 2. The stage your item is in can be indicated in the name:
- MME2-S1: Mystical Rain Shower = Mysterious Morphing Experiment 2 – Stage 1: Name of the item
- MME2-S2: Glowing Light Lagoon = Mysterious Morphing Experiment 2 – Stage 2: Name of the item
- MME2-S3: Puddle with Golden Fish Tail = Mysterious Morphing Experiment 2 – Stage 3: Name of the itme
There are sometimes different items that come from different stages. In the example of the Frozen-inspired MME2o: Ice Palace Background, there are two items that come from stage 2:
MME20-S2a: Winter Princess Gown
MME20-S2b: Northern Princess Gown
The former is considered the first strain of stage 2, so it’s considered MME20-S2a, whereas the latter is considered MME20-S2b. While it may seem completely random which items you will receive from each stage, there is actually a way to predict which items you will receive from the MME that you have purchased.
▻ Predicting your MME items:
Users have discovered a way to predict which items you will receive from the MME in your shopping cart at the NC Mall. We’ll continue to use the Ice Palace MME as our example. If you want to get the first dress in stage 2 (*cough* Elsa’s dress *cough*), you need to know that you’re looking for MME20-S2a, as explained above.
- First, go to the NC Mall and put multiple MME20s in your shopping cart.
- View your shopping cart.
- Highlight all of the text underneath “Neopets items,” being sure to highlight the names of the items.
- Here, you’ll need to inspect the element of the page.
- Chrome: right click, select “Inspect Element”
- Firefox: right click, select “View Selection Source”
- Internet Explorer 8: right click, select “View Selected Source”
- You are specifically looking for the part of the code that reads: <img id=”XXXXX” class=”toggle_img”…>
- The XXXXX is the “ID” of the item and will tell you if you will receive 2a or 2b, or 5a or 5b, etc.
- Delete the items in your shopping cart that do not correspond with the items you want. They will be in the same order in your cart as they were in the code.
WHEN THE MORPHING ENDS
After a certain number of days, your item will reach its final stage and effectively stop morphing. It is meant to be a surprise how many times each MME will morph. Of the ones released, MMEs go through 3-5 stages so far. You will know for certain that the morphing period has ended because the item will no longer have a question mark on the bottom right-hand corner of the image.
Once the item is no longer morphing, all of its previous forms will appear as separate items in your inventory! That’s right — you get to keep everything that it has evolved into. MiniMMEs generally go through only a single morph and award 2 items whereas you can receive up to 5 items from regular MMEs. There is always the possibility of getting a bonus item, and there is a specific bonus item for each individual MME and MiniMME. These are completely random and cannot be predicted.
PAST MMEs AND MiniMMEs
Currently, there are no MMEs and MiniMMEs in the NC Mall. To see past prizes, go here.
These items are retired and very often of high demand due to the fact that they are cohesive sets and because they were available for such a limited time.
- If you gift an MME to a friend while it is morphing, they will receive all of the items that the MME has morphed into once morphing is over, even if they didn’t own the MME until its later stages.